I've been using Arctic Silver for quite some time now and it's hard to think that someone has finally put out a product that can beat what has come to be known as the industry standard in Thermal Interface Material. But the numbers of our tests speak for themselves and we have a new clear-cut winner. TherMagic not only has what it takes to be considered for use in the Power System, it also has the performance to be the best there is.
There is the possible problem, however, of this product not being useful if you're still using some of the older aluminum heatsinks. Granted, most folks have gone to copper coolers, but I know of quite a few who are still using the FOP38 and the WBK38 sinks. Both of these fall squarely into the "uncoated aluminum" category, so there is a limiting factor for overall usefulness by everyone.
Of course, if you happen to be in the majority that has upgraded to copper (or at least a coated aluminum material) heatsink, then you're in like gold. And the TIM is also competitively priced. As I wrote this review, I took a gander at the Evergreen website and they have the goop for sale right now. They list it at a retail price of US$8.99 but have an instant rebate that brings the cost to a very affordable US$6.99 per 2.5 gram syringe. This will be enough to coat about 25-30 processor cores, so it will last you a while.
Bottom line...If you're looking for the absolute best performing TIM that is currently available for your precious processor, then order some TherMagic now! The cost is competitive with the Arctic Silver line and the performance puts it at the top of the class. You simply can't go wrong with this stuff.
Possible reaction to uncoated aluminum sinks
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard