The Buffalo DriveStation HD-HXU3
The Buffalo HD-HXU3 arrived to us in piano black and is quite attractive. At the bottom left there is a slot for a security cable and at the bottom right some ventilation slots.
The front of the unit is pretty straight forward. At the top there is an LED that lights up blue when the device is connected to a USB 3.0 port.
The other side has more vents to allow air to pass through the system and in this image we can also see that the bottom has vents as well.
Starting at the top, we see more ventilation. Just behind the openings is a small fan that circulates air past the hard drive keeping it cool. In testing we found the drive to be very quiet and were not able to hear it at a two foot distance.
At the bottom is where you will find the USB 3.0 data port as well as the power plug.
Here we can take a closer look at the USB 3.0 data port. A regular USB 1.1/2.0 plug can be inserted into the plug, but it will only operate at USB 2.0 speeds.
The Buffalo USB 3.0 DriveStation comes with a full instruction manual, a USB 3.0 data cord and the external power supply for the enclosure. Buffalo also included four rubber feet that will help keep the drive from slipping on your desk.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard