The name for Hitachi's rugged line of portable storage is very fitting. Hitachi isn't advertising their SimpleTOUGH products as being able to survive a burning building or go through the English Channel; it is just simply tough. You can get away with kicking it, leaving it outside or what most of us will do, accidently drop it from time to time.
Our 500GB SimpleTOUGH sample costs right around 120.00 USD which is a bargain considering that you will spend 100 Dollars on a 500GB 2.5 inch form factor drive by itself. Good luck finding an external carrier that is made as well as the SimpleTOUGH for only 20 Dollars. With that in mind, I think Hitachi has done a great job putting together a great product at a great price. With the holidays coming up everyone is looking for great value and this would be perfect for the tech person in your life or that hard to buy for college student.
The only thing I would have liked to have seen Hitachi do with the SimpleTOUGH is include USB 3.0 with the unit, but since the technology is so new there really isn't a USB 3.0 enclosure on the market just yet. We are hearing that the shortage in chipsets is making things difficult for manufacturers to ramp up production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- Warren Spector debuts System Shock 3 pre-alpha preview
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today