The Titan Skalli TTC-NC05TZ/NPW (RB) CPU Cooler
No doubt about the name of this cooler. Titan has proudly applied a sticker to the centre of the finger guard with the Skalli name over a similar wolf-like image as the Fenrir. The fan and guard are painted silver for a more appealing look, and it also blends very well with the 56 aluminum fins behind it. The Skalli comes ready, out of the box, for Intel LGA1156/LGA1366 application. By removing the two screws in the base, the hardware can easily be swapped out for any of the other "legs".
From the side you can grasp a better idea of just how compact the Skalli is. Most coolers tend to come out to at least the mounting legs. Not this time; Titan feels they have enough cooler to handle the workload.
I wanted to get a good image of the 8mm copper heat pipes and just how gentle the bends are coming from the base. Typically I tend to see kinks or bends in the tubing here, but it tends to look like I am showcasing the legs again. Titan does a nice job of keeping things smooth as the pipes leave the base.
The base of the cooler is what got most of my attention. Most budget minded coolers are exactly that, budget. With that comes some oversights from most manufacturers, but not here. This base is pre-assembled and milled all at once. Testing against a razor proves I was right with liking what I saw. There is virtually no deformation of the base and the gaps between the pipes and the aluminum base are non-existent.
Back in the specifications area I mentioned that Titan had taken measures to fight vibration transfer from fan to cooler; well, here is one of those measures. They actually insert a rubber sleeve into the holes to keep the wires from chattering against the fins where they make contact. These clips are also very easy to use and with a gentle pull allow the bent bits in the hole to come out and the wire mount swings out of the way.
Once the clips are released the fan pretty much falls off the cooler for maintenance cleanings, but it also gives me an opportunity to show the other anti-vibration tactic that is employed here. Each of the four mounting holes is backed with a round rubber pad. This pad absorbs all the pressure of the mounting wire and keeps the fan from rubbing against the front of the coolers fins.
With the 100mm fan removed, we can see Titan didn't do a whole lot with the leading edges of the fins or any "sleight of hand trickery". The Skalli follows most tower coolers in design. Why fix what isn't broken? This is a tried and true design for many companies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Titan Skalli TTC-NC05TZ/NPW (RB) CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit