Gainward supplies a somewhat small package with the Golden Sample Ti4200. This is not surprising since the card is aimed towards the value end of the Ti scales. The package comes with the card (well if it didn't I think you would have something to complain about), 4 CD Applications (including WinDVD), Users manual, DVI to CRT converter and TV Out cables. In all, a standard package.
The card size and layout is based around the nVidia reference design for the Ti4200. After all, why change something that is working for them? Located on the top are four memory modules and the heatsink which isn't based on the reference design.
Heatsink and GPU
As mentioned above, the heatsink on the Gainward card is not the reference heatsink unit that nVidia recommend, however, it does a great job of cooling the GPU. Under the sink itself is the Ti4200 GeForce4 GPU unit running at 250MHz. Overclocking, we managed to run the GPU at 280MHz with stock cooling and 300MHz when replacing the cooler with a larger model.
The Golden Sample uses eight Samsung TSOP 4ns memory modules for a total of 128MB memory onboard. The memory on the card runs at 225DDR (450MHz) and the memory modules for the card are located on both the front and back of the card. While only 4ns, this memory did clock at 530MHz without any cooling. Since this card wasn't available to keep, we didn't stick any heatsinks onto the memory. After all, we didn't want to deface the card.
The Gainward Golden Sample supports Video In/Out features. Doing the video decoding/encoding tasks is the Phillips TV/Video Codec. This chip is being used in place of Conixant and Chroitech controllers as it does a much better job. Handling the PC to TV conversion is the Silicon Image TV encoder. This same chip is used on the Realmagic DVD and MPG4 encoder cards so it provides very good TV quality compared to older GeForce cards.
DVI to CRT Converter
Since the GeForce4 supports dual monitors (nView as nVidia calls it), Gainward has included a DVI to CRT converter. This converter allows you to connect a CRT 15 pin monitor to the DVI port allowing two CRT monitors to be used. It is great to see companies now starting to supply this converter as standard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and MadOnion]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gainward Ti4200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit