GIGABYTE's BIOS, again like the P55-UD6, is the Award modular 6 version that they have used for some time. However, a few re-arrangements from previous BIOS versions have been made, but most importantly, the overclocking and tweaking options still reside under the Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) menu.
The Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker menu holds a series of sub menus rather than directly housing the overclocking settings like previous BIOS revisions. This is a much cleaner and easier setup to use.
The Advanced Frequency Setup Sub menu; this holds the BLCK, PCIe CLK, memory divider ratios and options.
Advanced Memory options; this sub menu holds extra memory tweaking options including XMP setup and timings.
Advanced Voltage settings; this is where all the voltage options for the board are located. GIGABYTE has made it easy for you to know the default norms for each setup and what the safe/high and extreme level voltages are for each voltage option.
GIGABYTE's boards are pretty good when it comes to overclocking; we have had a few issues in the past with some boards, while others have proven to be the best in their class.
Our P55-UD6 board we tested clocked quite nicely. The P55A-UD6 in comparison is a rocket ship. We managed to increase the BLCK to 210MHz completely stable with a 20x multiplier for a clock speed of 4.2GHz CPU clock on the Core i7 870. This is by far the most impressive I have personally seen with a P55 based board.
You can see the validation here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- Thanks for letting us comment.
We would just like to clarify that it is possible to run SATA 3 and USB 3.0 while running CrossFireX and SLI on the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD6. If two graphics cards are plugged in, the BIOS will automatically default to runnin
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit