Thanks to the voltage tweaking ability that MSI includes, the GT 240 manages to offer some serious performance possibilities at an extremely aggressive price. While it's just another model we find ourselves putting up with till the much awaited GT 300 series greets us, this mainstream low end card is going to bring a smile to a lot of people.
It's funny to see that ATI started with the top end and have started moving down, while NVIDIA are starting at the bottom end and slowly moving up. While we prefer the ATI method for the simple reason we love high end cards, it's exciting to see as each new model comes from NVIDIA that we've got a bit more performance and some decent overclocking capabilities.
We also see the same technologies that will be implemented in the higher end models. The 40nm core seems to be working well for NVIDIA. The big overclock we were able to achieve ultimately shows us that. It's also nice to see the company has finally jumped on the GDDR5 bandwagon.
The Afterburner software from MSI does a good job of giving the GT 240 a bit of life and ultimately offering us some pretty decent performance. Out of the box the performance is just ok and having a look at our benchmark results, we're able to achieve some decent scores at our very high presets. Out of the box you'll probably be looking at 1680 x 1050 at Medium when it comes to gaming, but if you overclock you should be able to either move to 1920 x 1200 or remain at 1680 x 1050 and move the graphics preset up a level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced