The AXUS FiT 500E
The system ships with the drive bays removed, so we took the opportunity to show the system bare.
Here we see the drives installed. At the top a control panel allows the user to easily view the system status and set the RAID modes at startup. I configured the system for the first time with just the front display and can tell you that it is easier to navigate than the Thecus and QNAP front displays.
The side of the system is solid, but gets the job done.
The FiT 500E ships without the rear fan connected to the system.
Here we see the fan installed. This adds around an inch to the overall length to the system, but it is quite small to begin with so it is not an issue.
The eSATA and USB ports are on the back, as is a rotary switch that makes setup quite easy. You can set the RAID level with the switch or set it to GUI which allows you to adjust the array via the host software or the front panel.
I was quite surprised to see that the FiT 500 doesn't have any ventilation on the sides of the DAS at all. That means that all of the incoming air passes over the drives.
The accessories package for the FiT 500 is quite impressive. Every cable needed is included with the system including the eSATA cable and bracket. AXUS has also included a compatibility list which shows the hardware they have tested. The software CD includes all of the manuals and the host PC software that makes setting the system up much easier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz