The AVlabs Bedside unit is not a product that I'm going to recommend today unfortunately.
Initially, the price of $150 AUD seems quite enticing, but there are a plethora of shortfalls included with the RRP.
The build quality is really quite low, certainly not in keeping with the product it's meant to be accompanying from Apple. Thin cheap plastic is the order of the day and the control knobs feel ever so cheap and nasty to boot.
Unfortunately things do not get much better as we moved on to audio quality and the choice of audio equipment chosen. My listening tests were forgettable to say the least, bordering on painful.
I might be considered a bit of a hardliner here. However, I ask; what's the purpose of putting all that energy into the manufacturing process of something of this quality? - In this day and age, there should be green house tariffs regulating the production of this stuff. However, if AVLabs have something in the works of decent quality, bring it on! If not, then next please....
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard