Okay, we have to say that for a DFI LANParty board we were a little disappointed with the results that we saw from the DK P55-T3eH9. While we admit we did not get to spend a large amount of time on overclocking, we still feel that as an "Overclock Edition" DFI board we should have been able to get a much higher clock than we did.
On the other end, we also saw performance below what we have come to expect from a Lynnfield/P55 system at stock speeds. Still, all is not bad with the T3eH9; the SATA controller is one of the fastest that we have worked with recently and was able to really show off the speed of the Intel X-25 we use. We also like the upgraded audio CODEC. Too many boards are okay with dumping a simple Realtek or SoundMax chip on the board and being done with it. We like a little better sound from our boards and were happy to see DFI make this extra effort.
The great accessory bundle is another plus in the T3eH9's favor and does a lot to add value to it. There are some things we would like to see DFI change on future boards, such as the 4-pin floppy power connector for PCI-e power and maybe make the BIOS a little more user friendly, but in the end the T3eH9 is a decent board for the price and one that does have potential for some excellent performance once you push it beyond stock speeds
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been WATERED DOWN on the PC
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit