GIGAYBTE's familiar BIOS welcome screen is seen here. The AWARD 6 blue screen is as familiar to us as coming back to our cozy home. The MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) menu contains all of the overclocking features, but the look has completely changed.
The new look M.I.T menu simplifies things, making options easier to find. The first menu called M.I.T Current Status gives you a complete overview of the clocks and voltages that the board is currently running. It's information only; no tweaking or overclocking there.
The Advanced Frequency menu gives you access to the BCLK, PCIe Clock, memory ratio, CPU frequency ratio as well as the QPI dividers.
The Advanced Memory menu gives you access to additional memory tweaking options like XMP, ratio dividers and manual control of the memory timing.
The Advanced Voltage menu gives you access to many voltage tweaks.
Overclocking with GIGABYTE's P55-UD6 was nothing short of flawless. While we didn't go for massive FSB's, we are more so looking at pushing the CPU to its limits on the board. We managed to hit a 160MHz FSB stable with a 22x multiplier to make the CPU totally stable at 3.52GHz using only a few voltage tweaks. With more time to overclock we could possibly get higher; that's for our extreme overclocker Deanzo.
You can see the validation here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Quest coming to consoles in 2018, even Switch
- Lyft is officially open for service in Toronto, Canada
- 10 million Nintendo Switches have already been sold
- Google Maps update notifys you to get off at next stop
- Ataribox will open pre-orders this Thursday
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series