ASUS continues to use the AWARD 6 BIOS in the grey background which I like to call the tab menu background. ASUS has used this BIOS design for most of its boards since the Pentium 3 days. I remember first getting acquainted with this BIOS with an ASUS P3B-F motherboard, my second ASUS board I ever owned.
Under the A.I. Tweaker menu are the primary overclocking features including BCLK, QPI, memory ratios, CPU ratios if you have an unlocked CPU and various other bus options.
On some of the past boards it's been a bit of a guessing game understanding what each voltage and BUS option does. ASUS has simplified this with simple names and explanations of what each does on the right side of the screen when it's selected.
Under the Advanced tab the CPU Configuration sub menu gives you access to a few extra features of the CPU such as being able to enable HT on i7 based processors as well as enable and disable cores on the CPU.
When overclocking on the ASUS board we did a reasonably good job. While we only see 2488MHz above, this was when Speedstep was working. We left the CPU multiplier at 22x so our actual speed was 3.4GHz using the 155MHz BCLK.
You can see the validation here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz