The FIC AZ11EA is FIC's 5th motherboard for the AMD K7 processor line. The first board to come from FIC to support the K7 family was the SD11. The SD11 was an ATX from factor board based on the AMD 751 Northbridge chipset and the 686A Southbridge. This was the very first AMD K7 board to market. This board did have some problems with resetting on the user at random, this was fixed later on with a resistor added to the board. Along with most of the AMD 750 bard boards, the SD11 did have some problems getting GeForce classed video cards to run in AGP2x. Symptoms of the GeForce bug was the system crashing in games that required the 3D acceleration. Later revisions of the AMD 750 chipset with the upper Bypass did pretty well resolve this problem but this slight glitch did put a damper on 750 based boards. Like MSI, FIC skipped the whole KX133 stage of chipsets and waited until the introduction of the KT133 chipset. When the KT133 became readily available, FIC used this chipset and created the FIC AZ11. This AZ11 like the SD11 was the first Socket A solution to market. The AZ11 was one of the first motherboards to actually show support for the AMD Athlon/Duron overclocking features, FIC had placed jumper solders for the multiplier adjustments but no pins. If the user wanted to adjust the multiplier of a AMD Athlon/Duron CPU on this board the user would have to solder the jumper pins onto the board themselves.
After the success of the AZ11 and the introduction of the VIA 686B Southbridge, FIC took the AZ11 designed, added built in overclocking options and added the 686B Southbridge and labeled it the AZ11E. Now with the KT133A chipset supporting 266FSB FIC have once again gone at it with the new FIC AZ11EA which we are reviewing today.
Supports AMD Athlon 700 ~ 1.2Ghz @ 200Mhz FSB
Supports AMD Athlon 1Ghz ~ 1.4Ghz @ 266Mhz FSB
Supports AMD Duron 600 ~ 850Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB
Reserves support for Future AMD Athlon/Duron CPU @ 200Mhz FSB
VIA KT133A Chipset
VIA VT8363A Northbridge AGPset
VIA VT82C686B Southbridge
Alpha EV6 Communication Bus
1 APG 2x 4x
VIA VT1611A AC'97 Software Audio Codec
Audio Alert II (Optional)
1 PS2 Keyboard Port
1 PS2 Mouse Port
4 USB Ports (2 rear accessible, 2 via optional expansion bracket)
2 Serial Ports
1 Parallel Port
3 Audio Ports (Audio out front, Line in, Microphone)
1 Midi/game Port
CPU Multiplier adjustments dipswitches
FSB and VIO adjustable via BIOS
Vcore adjustable via dipswitches
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V