Right out of the gat I had my doubts about this cooler; even with new fans and a shroud it is still the same body as the SilenX. At that time I didn't think the performance of their (SilenX's) cooler was worth the almost $80 asking price for both the cooler and the fan kit. Now I'm not so positive it didn't do a good job, regardless of pricing. I would have really liked to see better numbers from the Xigmatek, but it just isn't my day.
The fact that is places in the bottom of the aftermarket coolers is a shock, but trying to rationalize things, it is still better than a stock cooler. It is attractive to look at, but takes up over two slots on the motherboard and renders Crossfire and SLI useless. Noise levels, again are hard to ascertain in a complete build. I try to run coolers that are quiet for comparison, but when under load for Furmark testing, I couldn't tell which was louder; the stock Intel cooler or the Bifrost. I will say this, if you are running a high end air cooler, I would venture to say you won't hear the Bifrost over your CPU cooler either.
No matter what the results say, I know there will be a few who will go out and grab a Bifrost VD1065 and give it your own trials. If this is you, you will need to hold on just a bit, as the Bifrost, just like the Balder, has yet to hit shelves. Xigmatek did price themselves right with the Bifrost, however. Talking with Xigmatek, I found out the MSRP is a mere $42.99, which I'm sure doesn't include shipping, but still makes the Bifrost VD1065 a viable, budget option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard