Installation and Finished Product
Same torture victim as my last run, just this time completely exposed without the RAM sinks in place.
As I mentioned, the instructions are not card specific. While they show only two IC's needing the silicone pad, in actuality with this design I needed three; the one on the right is just in the way of the cooler passing it cleanly. I left the blue coverings on, as to not get them dirty. Before you finally place the Bifrost on, remove the blue side of plastic as well.
Once the Bifrost is installed you should have something similar to this. The fans do a nice job of covering the entirety of the card and fins, much more so than the last cooler I tested. Something I need to address, while the flex of the card is less than it was on the SilenX version, there is still a bit of flex in my card from the pressure needed for good contact of the cooler.
From the top side, you get an even better look at how well the Bifrost covers the card, and should provide good flow to the fins and the PCB. As you can see, there is one downfall to this; there is no longer access to install an SLI bridge or Crossfire for that matter as well.
Once the Bifrost is installed you can see why the need for the pads on the memory IC's. The cooler's base is too long to allow for clearance to those IC's, so the pad isolates the RAM from the GPU heat produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit