Installation and Finished Product
Same torture victim as my last run, just this time completely exposed without the RAM sinks in place.
As I mentioned, the instructions are not card specific. While they show only two IC's needing the silicone pad, in actuality with this design I needed three; the one on the right is just in the way of the cooler passing it cleanly. I left the blue coverings on, as to not get them dirty. Before you finally place the Bifrost on, remove the blue side of plastic as well.
Once the Bifrost is installed you should have something similar to this. The fans do a nice job of covering the entirety of the card and fins, much more so than the last cooler I tested. Something I need to address, while the flex of the card is less than it was on the SilenX version, there is still a bit of flex in my card from the pressure needed for good contact of the cooler.
From the top side, you get an even better look at how well the Bifrost covers the card, and should provide good flow to the fins and the PCB. As you can see, there is one downfall to this; there is no longer access to install an SLI bridge or Crossfire for that matter as well.
Once the Bifrost is installed you can see why the need for the pads on the memory IC's. The cooler's base is too long to allow for clearance to those IC's, so the pad isolates the RAM from the GPU heat produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series