Accessories and Documentation
As with the last time I saw this cooler, the hardware is similar as well. Here we have the NVIO 2 heat sink with the four clips and springs already installed. The large plate in the middle is for mosfet cooling on the GTX series of cards. To the right is the NVIO 2 core frame to better support the heat sink and limit possibility of damage to the chip.
The memory heat sinks follow the previous parts with the black anodized coloration. Xigmatek includes fourteen of them with the Bifrost. Most cards only use up to eight of them, so you have the ability to spot cool the mosfets on cards that may require additional cooling that the plate doesn't cover.
The rest of the mounting hardware can be seen here. The "short bolt" kit is for almost every card the Bifrost applies to. Assorted washers for both the cooler and the cards are in the baggie in the middle. As the card shows, the "long bolt" kit is specific to the GTS 260 and 280's. Across the bottom there are blue covered, pre-cut pieces of silicone rubber. These are used to isolate between the memory IC's, the mosfets and a larger sized ones for specific installs.
In the middle are the four pins for the mosfet heat sink plate; the screws with springs attached are to mount the cooler to the card. There is a supplied syringe of TIM and an additional set of washers to round out the list.
The included instructions are very descriptive and if followed correctly will lead to a perfect installation the first time around. The instructions are not card specific, however, so a test fit of the cooler before applying the RAM sinks may be in order.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for PC, consoles
- Tesla hackers mine cryptocurrency, access private data
- Fortnite and Diablo 3 rumored for the Nintendo Switch
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Intel intends to 'compete in graphics products' in future
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit