Accessories and Documentation
As with the last time I saw this cooler, the hardware is similar as well. Here we have the NVIO 2 heat sink with the four clips and springs already installed. The large plate in the middle is for mosfet cooling on the GTX series of cards. To the right is the NVIO 2 core frame to better support the heat sink and limit possibility of damage to the chip.
The memory heat sinks follow the previous parts with the black anodized coloration. Xigmatek includes fourteen of them with the Bifrost. Most cards only use up to eight of them, so you have the ability to spot cool the mosfets on cards that may require additional cooling that the plate doesn't cover.
The rest of the mounting hardware can be seen here. The "short bolt" kit is for almost every card the Bifrost applies to. Assorted washers for both the cooler and the cards are in the baggie in the middle. As the card shows, the "long bolt" kit is specific to the GTS 260 and 280's. Across the bottom there are blue covered, pre-cut pieces of silicone rubber. These are used to isolate between the memory IC's, the mosfets and a larger sized ones for specific installs.
In the middle are the four pins for the mosfet heat sink plate; the screws with springs attached are to mount the cooler to the card. There is a supplied syringe of TIM and an additional set of washers to round out the list.
The included instructions are very descriptive and if followed correctly will lead to a perfect installation the first time around. The instructions are not card specific, however, so a test fit of the cooler before applying the RAM sinks may be in order.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM