The Balder SD1283 is shipped in a see through plastic package with grey and teal highlights. A bit of scrollwork to the right draws your eye to the 120mm, LED lit fan. This HDT cooler also comes AMD ready as well as with i5 and i7 compatibility, as shown at the bottom.
The right side of the package is clear as well, on this side allowing a view of the top of the Balder. At the bottom Xigmatek indicates the SD1283 is plated with "Bright-Nickel" just below the image of the fins.
The rear of the packaging is backed in black; this allows a better view of the specifications chart and the images to the right are about the anti-vibration fan mounts we have come to appreciate.
Getting our last look at the outer packaging, Xigmatek fills this side with the Balder's compatibility list. This cooler will fit any LGA775 cooler and newer sockets from Intel, as well as pretty much anything Socket 939 and after for AMD.
Removing the cooler from the outer packaging leaves us with more plastic on the inside. The Balder is housed in a two layer inner package. The first layer surrounds the fan, while the second layer surrounds the actual cooler, keeping both separated and secure during shipping. The indented section to the left is where all the hardware was shipped, which was removed for this image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Balder SD1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower