The Balder SD1283 is shipped in a see through plastic package with grey and teal highlights. A bit of scrollwork to the right draws your eye to the 120mm, LED lit fan. This HDT cooler also comes AMD ready as well as with i5 and i7 compatibility, as shown at the bottom.
The right side of the package is clear as well, on this side allowing a view of the top of the Balder. At the bottom Xigmatek indicates the SD1283 is plated with "Bright-Nickel" just below the image of the fins.
The rear of the packaging is backed in black; this allows a better view of the specifications chart and the images to the right are about the anti-vibration fan mounts we have come to appreciate.
Getting our last look at the outer packaging, Xigmatek fills this side with the Balder's compatibility list. This cooler will fit any LGA775 cooler and newer sockets from Intel, as well as pretty much anything Socket 939 and after for AMD.
Removing the cooler from the outer packaging leaves us with more plastic on the inside. The Balder is housed in a two layer inner package. The first layer surrounds the fan, while the second layer surrounds the actual cooler, keeping both separated and secure during shipping. The indented section to the left is where all the hardware was shipped, which was removed for this image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Balder SD1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Jagex will kill RuneScape Classic servers on August 6th
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit