We have played with several external drives and their connectivity systems over the years. Most of them do provide adequate performance; however, in the recent past as external drives have gotten smaller and moved toward USB-only power, we have seen the number of ports they take up and the impact on system performance go up. This was even true of the FreeAgent Go series until Seagate removed the need for the extra USB connection for power.
Now with the new Dock+ you are getting more USB 2.0 ports thrown into the mix. It is unfortunate that you cannot use the Dock+ without the external power (with just a single FreeAgent Go drive), but it still provides a nice "home" station for your FreeAgent Go or even the BlackArmor PS-110.
Over all, for the $29.99 price tag at Newegg it is a nice product that does exactly what Seagate says it does. We found ourselves leaving all of our USB devices plugged into the Dock+ (Mouse, iPhone Cable, Zune HD Cable) when we took our laptop on the road. This made un-hooking and hooking back up much easier and did not affect performance in any way. Even our CM Storm Sentinel Advance was unaffected, which was a good thing as it does not normally like USB hubs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM