We've already been impressed by the performance of the HD 5770; we didn't need to test the HIS one we have here in its single form today due to the simple fact that it would perform like the other HD 5770 we tested which carried with it the same cooling and clocks.
While we will be basing our score on the performance of the single card, the main piece of information we need to talk about here is the CrossFire performance which is nothing short of great. We see a good boost in performance in just about everything we test with it sometimes being the difference between a game being playable and not playable at higher resolutions with higher settings.
It's also great to see that HIS have included the Dirt 2 voucher in the bundle and considering the performance of the model we're sure that the model will be able to handle the Direct X 11 game that is due out before Christmas.
The HIS HD 5770 doesn't carry with it anything different from the stock model and this would be a problem if the stock model wasn't great, but it is. With that said, we're looking forward to the company putting its own spin on the model with future IceQ and Turbo models. But at $159.99 over at Newegg right now, this model is still very attractive and gives you solid performance for the price, especially if you double up and go the two card route.
If you're looking for a HD 5770, the HIS version is one worth looking at. More importantly, don't let anyone tell you that using CrossFire on these mid-range cards is a waste of money, because the bottom line is the 'buy one now' and 'another in the future' idea helps lessen the blow on your account while still offering great performance. In this case it's performance that is better than a single HD 5850.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Jagex will kill RuneScape Classic servers on August 6th
- Blizzard talks Overwatch 2, original game is their focus now
- RAGE 2 isn't using in-house id Tech engine, Just Cause tech
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit