FIC have produced a well featured Pentium 4 motherboard that would fit into the small server/ backup PC line. For the enthusiasts, FIC needs some extra work especially in the overclocking department.
While FIC have given us RAID and LAN onboard with USB 2.0 for all the compatibility with new and upcoming hardware, the overclocking of this board is not at all up to scratch. FIC have only given us one overclocking option, FSB adjustments...and even these are very sketchy at best. No voltage tweaks means the Pentium 4 processors will need to overclock like hell on the default voltage, to run on this board at overclocked speeds.
Stability and compatibility wise, the FIC board is fantastic. We did not experience a single crash or piece of hardware that wouldn't run on this board. FIC seem to have gotten this bit right.
Finally, FIC have a reasonably good board on their hands - Tweak of the memory settings, give us a better overclocking system and you would have a board to be proud of.
-Excellent hardware layout
-Very limited in overclocking
-Slower than most Intel boards
Rating 7.5 out of 10.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FIC VC19 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FIC VC19 - Page 2 [VC19 Specifications]
- FIC VC19 - Page 3 [VC19 Features]
- FIC VC19 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- FIC VC19 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- FIC VC19 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- FIC VC19 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- FIC VC19 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- FIC VC19 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Milan CPU: Zen 3 on newer 7nm+ node teased
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update out, includes Nuketown map
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 8nm Exynos 9820, dedicated NPU, 8K video
- Xbox boss says he's 'very excited' about next-gen Xbox
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms