Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Considering a few things into this number is very important to the buyers out there. To keep apples to apples comparisons of our coolers, we use the T.E.C.C. setup above. Now, this rig well out powers the 90-95W maximum of the Alpine 11 Pro. Even with this in mind, I have to say the cooler does a more than admirable job at keeping the temperatures at bay. You have to realize that our rig simulated wattages for a CPU in excess of 125W.
Keeping the test rig under 70 degrees with a cooler that is billed to only handle 2/3 of that power is quite the accomplishment, especially with a 92mm fan. With the abuse I put through this cooler I see no reason why this cooler should not perform as stated on the packaging with a Q9550 at stock speeds.
I am pleased to tell you that under normal operation the Alpine 11 Pro will be near silent most of the time. During my idle temperature run, I could see the fan spinning, but had to put my ear within a foot of it to hear it, and even then just barely. Once I cranked up the voltage to the load test the fan was more audible. Even with near full 12V going through it I was impressed with the relative silence of this 92mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit