Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Considering a few things into this number is very important to the buyers out there. To keep apples to apples comparisons of our coolers, we use the T.E.C.C. setup above. Now, this rig well out powers the 90-95W maximum of the Alpine 11 Pro. Even with this in mind, I have to say the cooler does a more than admirable job at keeping the temperatures at bay. You have to realize that our rig simulated wattages for a CPU in excess of 125W.
Keeping the test rig under 70 degrees with a cooler that is billed to only handle 2/3 of that power is quite the accomplishment, especially with a 92mm fan. With the abuse I put through this cooler I see no reason why this cooler should not perform as stated on the packaging with a Q9550 at stock speeds.
I am pleased to tell you that under normal operation the Alpine 11 Pro will be near silent most of the time. During my idle temperature run, I could see the fan spinning, but had to put my ear within a foot of it to hear it, and even then just barely. Once I cranked up the voltage to the load test the fan was more audible. Even with near full 12V going through it I was impressed with the relative silence of this 92mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available