The AV Dock
The AV Dock is an interesting piece of hardware that is designed to extend the functionality of your Zune Player (especially the Zune HD). With the dock you enable 720p HD playback from your Zune HD on any HD capable display device that has a HDMI connector. There are additional options for standard RCA video and audio in (stereo only) as well as Optical (Toslink) S/PDIF. The AV Dock is also solid and stable. When you get it out of the box you will feel the weight and know that your Zune Player will be ok while in this dock.
Microsoft also included a remote that is capable of duplicating all of the control functions of the Zune Player from a distance of about 15 feet. Beyond that I had spotty reception. The AV Dock can be powered using an included wall power pack (that also works with the Zune HD USB cable) or directly from a computer USB port.
Unfortunately the AV Dock was not all beer and pizza. Microsoft decided to make the USB and radio antenna hardwired. To be perfectly honest I am not sure why they chose to do this. It makes using the AV Dock on the road very clunky. I wish Microsoft would make both of these removable; it would make the dock a better product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz