There's really nothing going on in the bundle. We're not too surprised or disappointed though, as we didn't expect much from the small box.
Looking at the cooler we can see that Palit have opted for a slightly different option when compared to the Galaxy. It doesn't take up the whole card and as far as stickers go, there is only the one on the fan that gives us the Palit logo and their URL.
Apart from a sea of red, there isn't a whole lot more to see with no power connector on the card due to its low-end nature, the card also lacks any SLI connectors, which isn't a shock either.
In the I/O department we see a Dual-Link DVI connector, VGA port and a native HDMI port. While the video card does look like a single slot solution here, the cooler is actually slightly thicker and does take up the second slot on our motherboard. It's something worth noting in the event that you're looking for a single slot solution.
Having a look at the clocks compared to the Galaxy model we looked at earlier we can see that the model is really worthy of the "Sonic" name.
We can see the core has been bumped from 660MHz to 720MHz and the shader clock has gone from 1436MHz to 1566MHz.
Instead of 1GB of GDDR3 Palit have opted for 512MB, in turn they've also bumped that to 1800MHz DDR from 1600MHz DDR. Hopefully the increase in numbers carries with it a nice little performance boost.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Video Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- XFX's new Radeon RX Vega 56, Vega 64 cards not factory OC'd
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Looking for the quietest air CPU cooler in the world.
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ