Time to see some benchmarks and I am really looking forward to this. From the time I pulled the U210 out of its box and saw that it ran the AMD Neo platform, I was looking forward to seeing how the machine performed compared to the Intel Atom-based netbooks I typically review. I will be using my iTunes encoding test, the Windows Media Encoder test and Battery Eater Pro to give the machine a workout.
Battery Eater Pro
As always, I give the caveat that your real world mileage will vary when it comes to battery life. I ran the U210 at 100% screen brightness with no power saving options turned on for the max performance battery life test and then reduced the screen to 50% brightness at the same power settings. Battery life considering the performance of the U210 is very impressive.
Now it is time for our familiar iTunes encoding test. I take the Stone Temple Pilots Core album in MP3 format and use iTunes to encode the tracks into AAC format. I time the process with a stopwatch and compare the numbers to other systems in the chart below. The U210 blitzed the netbook competition in this benchmark.
Version and / or Patch Used: 9
Developer Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com
Product Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
The last benchmark up for the U210 is the movie-encoding test. I take the Microsoft Magic of Flight Video in 1080p resolution and use WME to encode the video for downloading from a computer in DVD video quality and CD audio. Again, the U210 whipped up on its netbook peers with impressive performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series