Transcend is primarily a general consumer product company,but they have an enthusiast grade product with the Ultra Series solid state drives. Could this be a sign of the things to come? - Most definitely. The cost of the Ultra Series drives are quite low compared to some of the other Indilinx SSDs we have tested. At less than 415 USD the Ultra is one of the lowest cost 120GB drives on the market. The only issue is that a few of the 128GB drives with the same controller, cache and memory are close to 100 USD less.
The Transcend Ultra 120GB is a very fast SSD and compares with the best of breed drives that are sold at a much higher premium. The performance is there and it is clearly evident when we see the performance against the Crucial M225.
Here we are with a dilemma; the Transcend Ultra in 120GB trim is faster than an award winning SSD, but costs a fair bit more as well. It really comes down to what level of performance you are willing to pay for. This takes us back to the consumer vs. enthusiast market. Enthusiasts are willing to pay a premium for higher performing products and consumers are looking for the best bang for the buck. It is really going to come down to which side of the line you stand on if the Transcend Ultra is for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower