The Corsair Dominator GT is some good RAM. Without too much effort we were able to get a decently high overclock in terms of speed, but found that we had to loosen the timings too much for it to be of any performance value. On the other hand, the tighter than normal timings at stock and labeled speed gave us a nice performance boost that was noticeable for most of our testing.
Pricewise it was not the most expensive kit we found, but it was also not the cheapest. Newegg are currently listing it for $244.99 U.S. with free shipping. This is good value if you are looking for a good 8GB kit of RAM that has potential for some decent overclocking. Still, there were some downsides (as we mentioned). The fan is quite loud and not exactly something I would want to listen to for an extended period of time.
All in all, the Corsair Dominator GT 8GB kit for Lynnfield is a pretty good buy. For anyone running a Microsoft based 32-bit OS it is going to be useless, but as we move towards 64-bit computing this will be seen less and less. If you are in need of a ton of RAM with good speed for your new Lynnfield, this would not be a bad choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ