The Corsair Dominator GT is some good RAM. Without too much effort we were able to get a decently high overclock in terms of speed, but found that we had to loosen the timings too much for it to be of any performance value. On the other hand, the tighter than normal timings at stock and labeled speed gave us a nice performance boost that was noticeable for most of our testing.
Pricewise it was not the most expensive kit we found, but it was also not the cheapest. Newegg are currently listing it for $244.99 U.S. with free shipping. This is good value if you are looking for a good 8GB kit of RAM that has potential for some decent overclocking. Still, there were some downsides (as we mentioned). The fan is quite loud and not exactly something I would want to listen to for an extended period of time.
All in all, the Corsair Dominator GT 8GB kit for Lynnfield is a pretty good buy. For anyone running a Microsoft based 32-bit OS it is going to be useless, but as we move towards 64-bit computing this will be seen less and less. If you are in need of a ton of RAM with good speed for your new Lynnfield, this would not be a bad choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower