The first thing I want to talk about is this GPU Gauntlet Sorting logo that we're seeing. GIGABYTE says this is the world's #1 cherry-picking process for GPUs. While it does sound like a bit of marketing talk, the clocks this card offers seems to tell us there's more to it than just a fancy title. The good news is that the GTX 275 has just received the Super Overclock treatment so it will be interesting to see what this model offers.
Performance on this GTX 260, in a word is just NUTZ! The card just absolutely flies along. That's not really a surprise, though, considering the clocks that are on offer here. We don't doubt that it's going to be on the expensive side of things, but since the card hasn't really hit the retail market it's hard to say just what the value of the model is going to be like.
The good news is that GIGABYTE have always been pretty strong with pricing. They're not going to price themselves out of the market which for the consumer is a pretty good thing. It's also nice to see that they have decided to mix it up in the I/O department by offering native HDMI.
Cherry picking which is something that's generally been reserved for the more hardcore overclocker has made its way into the mainstream market. The good news is that GIGABYTE started with the GTX 260 and has begun to work its magic on the GTX 275, which means they're moving in the right direction. Hopefully as time goes on we see GIGABYTE add more models into the Super Overclock series including not only NVIDIA models, but hopefully ATI ones.
That's the future, though, and today we're talking about the GTX 260 Super Overclock. The card absolutely flies along and excites us because we didn't think that GIGABYTE were capable of doing this with graphics cards. Once the card hits the market it should be a popular option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding in playable state, progressing on schedule
- Battlefront II almost had entirely cosmetic lootboxes
- Cyberpunk 2077 should have online elements
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ