The first thing I want to talk about is this GPU Gauntlet Sorting logo that we're seeing. GIGABYTE says this is the world's #1 cherry-picking process for GPUs. While it does sound like a bit of marketing talk, the clocks this card offers seems to tell us there's more to it than just a fancy title. The good news is that the GTX 275 has just received the Super Overclock treatment so it will be interesting to see what this model offers.
Performance on this GTX 260, in a word is just NUTZ! The card just absolutely flies along. That's not really a surprise, though, considering the clocks that are on offer here. We don't doubt that it's going to be on the expensive side of things, but since the card hasn't really hit the retail market it's hard to say just what the value of the model is going to be like.
The good news is that GIGABYTE have always been pretty strong with pricing. They're not going to price themselves out of the market which for the consumer is a pretty good thing. It's also nice to see that they have decided to mix it up in the I/O department by offering native HDMI.
Cherry picking which is something that's generally been reserved for the more hardcore overclocker has made its way into the mainstream market. The good news is that GIGABYTE started with the GTX 260 and has begun to work its magic on the GTX 275, which means they're moving in the right direction. Hopefully as time goes on we see GIGABYTE add more models into the Super Overclock series including not only NVIDIA models, but hopefully ATI ones.
That's the future, though, and today we're talking about the GTX 260 Super Overclock. The card absolutely flies along and excites us because we didn't think that GIGABYTE were capable of doing this with graphics cards. Once the card hits the market it should be a popular option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM