Having a look at the card itself now, the first thing we of course notice is the new cooler that HIS has chosen to use. There isn't anything too unusual about the design when compared to other coolers we've seen.
The biggest difference is that the fan has been moved to the middle to cool directly over the top of the core, which is different to the standard design where the fan sits on the far right. We can see the HIS logo is seen on the fan along with it being to the left of the card. Apart from that, there isn't a whole lot more that can be said about the card as the cooler covers the majority of it.
As far as power connectors go, there isn't anything different. We have two at the back, one being an 8-Pin and the other being a 6-Pin. Closer to the front of the card we of course have our two Crossfire connectors which give us the ability to run up to three of these cards together.
In the I/O department we can see that HIS has decided to mix it up a bit. We've got our standard Dual-Link DVI connector along with a VGA one and native HDMI port. This setup is something we're seeing companies offer more and more. It would have been nice to see a HDMI to DVI adapter included in the package since if you're running a Dual DVI setup you're right out of luck; you'll have to purchase one separately.
Checking out our GPU-Z screen shot below, we can see that HIS haven't chosen to do anything with the clocks. What this means is that our core comes in at 850MHz. As for the 1GB of memory, that remains at the same 975MHz or 3900MHz QDR.
To be honest, it's a little disappointing to see that HIS haven't chosen to up the clocks considering they have decided to install a new cooler. With that said, though, it doesn't stop you from overclocking the card and if low temperatures are the main feature HIS want to offer, keeping the stock clocks is justified.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market