As with the ASRock X58 Extreme, the BIOS on the P55 Deluxe is pretty straight forward. It will look familiar to ASUS owners as it follows the same lines as the typical ASUS BIOS.
ASRock provided me with an early version of the P130 BIOS. This BIOS is available for use as of this writing and I would recommend upgrading as soon as you get the board.
The layout is pretty much the same as all other ASUS and ASRock motherboards. The one place in the BIOS you will spend the most time in is the OC Tweaker page. Here you have all the performance options to setup your overclocking or just to tweak the performance of your system at stock speeds.
There are also a few settings under the "Advanced" tab that might be of interest.
Generally the ASRock BIOS for the P55 is simple to move through. Even a beginning user can find their way through fairly easily.
As we showed in our Lynnfield review, overclocking the Core i7 and Core i5 was a breeze. The ASRock P55 Deluxe makes it very simple to get some rather good clocks. You can use the OC Tweaker to adjust the BCLK to 202, adjust the voltage and RAM divider as well as a number of other settings.
This utility enabled me to reach 4030MHz on the Core i7 870 completely stable. At that speed I was able to run all of our tests back to back without any issue and even found myself running a little over on the gaming sessions.
For the Core i5 we did pretty much the same thing except I pushed the multiplier to 21. This netted us a very nice 4.2GHz overclock on the Core i5 750 - this is roughly a 59% overclock and not bad at all for taking only three minutes to get going.
I am confident that with better cooling and some tweaking, you would be able to get much higher with both of these CPUs.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use your results may vary.
Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced