RaidSonic Icy Box IB-MP305A-B Network Multimedia HD Player Video Review
Tagan is a company who became famous by producing a wide range of high quality power supplies in Europe and other regions around the world. The company has since kind of split up a little and created a range of different divisions, one of them being RaidSonic Technology that is based out of Germany.
We recently got the RaidSonic Icy Box IB-MP305A-B Network Multimedia HD player in for some video review action and we put it through its paces to find out if it's any good and if it's worth your dollars or not.
It is actually a very similar device to the Astone Media Gear AP-100 1080p Media Player that we video reviewed in August as well as the ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 1080p HD Media Player that we also video reviewed last week. All three systems provide video, image and audio playback by means of using the popular Realtek RTD1073 media chipset.
You would think that using the same chipset would make each device very similar. If you did think that, you would be partly correct, as some things are quite similar. However, what's different between each of the media players is the type of output connections you have as well as menu interface and other software based features. This is where the Icy Box jumps out ahead of the pack, in our opinion.
Watch our video review below:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox games may arrive on Epic Store as well as Steam
- Gears 5's direct cosmetic monetization isn't 'ahead of the industry'
- Stan Lee's daughter blasts Disney for disrespecting father's legacy
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems