Overclocking on the Xabre reference card was surprisingly impressive. Being clocked at a default speed of 250MHz core and 250MHz memory clock we managed to run a maximum speed of 308MHz core and 295MHz (590MHz DDR) memory clock through the latest version of PowerStrip. We found this rather surprising since this is a reference card which we don't usually see good overclocking results from.
In the past we have seen that SiS 3D chipsets have been something that should have been placed in a wood heater rather than a PC, to be perfectly honest. The new strategy from the R&D team at SiS has turned a few heads, not only with the Xabre but with their new AMD and P4 chipset offerings...That's what first made me think "Have they done it?"...The answer is Yes.
Hardware wise the Xabre exceeds the limits normally set for a value based 3D accelerator, and while being able to keep within relatively close proximity of the Geforce MX460 (its main competitor, SiS tells us), with these early drivers competing against nVidia's mature drivers, is quite impressive.
SiS needs to now divert a bit more effort into researching their drivers, as they still need some tweaking and patches for games to allow the pixel shader technology to be fully optimized, as well as ironing the bugs out that we saw and others have seen.
Summing it up SiS have done an excellent job to produce a very well rounded video card that could be the next biggest vale card that the Geforce 2 MX originally was, only time will tell
Hardware T&L Engine
No hardware vertex shader
Driver issues causing crashes in some benchmarks
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series