The SiS Reference card
Before we get into the benchmarks, I would first like to show you what SiS uses for their reference cards. The card's layout and looks is something I would be proud of for a retail card, let alone a reference. SiS has added a funky purple heatsink for the core and memory to keep it all cool and running nicely.
Heatsink and Xabre GPU
From here we get a closer look at the heatsink that is supplied and the actual core. Our camera hates those mirror based core (as you can see from the photo above) and just flashes off the mirror but you get the idea, its a Xabre GPU.
SiS have decided to use Hynix (formerly Hyundai) 3.3ns memory modules running at 250Mhz DDR (500Mhz effective rate). While SiS have cooling for the memory chips on the front of the card, the back chips have been left bare.
SiS 301 Controller chip
As we mentioned earlier, all the external functions (such as LDVI, TV Out and Dual Monitor support) are handled by the SiS 301 chip. This chip is surprisingly very small for such a big work load it performs but we are happy to report that this chip handles the job very well. While TV output quality isn't up to ATI's high standards, the TV output quality beats the nVidia cards which use Conexant chips and runs equal with the Silicon Magic encoder chips making the Xabre a excellent choice for TV users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit