The SiS Reference card
Before we get into the benchmarks, I would first like to show you what SiS uses for their reference cards. The card's layout and looks is something I would be proud of for a retail card, let alone a reference. SiS has added a funky purple heatsink for the core and memory to keep it all cool and running nicely.
Heatsink and Xabre GPU
From here we get a closer look at the heatsink that is supplied and the actual core. Our camera hates those mirror based core (as you can see from the photo above) and just flashes off the mirror but you get the idea, its a Xabre GPU.
SiS have decided to use Hynix (formerly Hyundai) 3.3ns memory modules running at 250Mhz DDR (500Mhz effective rate). While SiS have cooling for the memory chips on the front of the card, the back chips have been left bare.
SiS 301 Controller chip
As we mentioned earlier, all the external functions (such as LDVI, TV Out and Dual Monitor support) are handled by the SiS 301 chip. This chip is surprisingly very small for such a big work load it performs but we are happy to report that this chip handles the job very well. While TV output quality isn't up to ATI's high standards, the TV output quality beats the nVidia cards which use Conexant chips and runs equal with the Silicon Magic encoder chips making the Xabre a excellent choice for TV users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard