The SiS Reference card
Before we get into the benchmarks, I would first like to show you what SiS uses for their reference cards. The card's layout and looks is something I would be proud of for a retail card, let alone a reference. SiS has added a funky purple heatsink for the core and memory to keep it all cool and running nicely.
Heatsink and Xabre GPU
From here we get a closer look at the heatsink that is supplied and the actual core. Our camera hates those mirror based core (as you can see from the photo above) and just flashes off the mirror but you get the idea, its a Xabre GPU.
SiS have decided to use Hynix (formerly Hyundai) 3.3ns memory modules running at 250Mhz DDR (500Mhz effective rate). While SiS have cooling for the memory chips on the front of the card, the back chips have been left bare.
SiS 301 Controller chip
As we mentioned earlier, all the external functions (such as LDVI, TV Out and Dual Monitor support) are handled by the SiS 301 chip. This chip is surprisingly very small for such a big work load it performs but we are happy to report that this chip handles the job very well. While TV output quality isn't up to ATI's high standards, the TV output quality beats the nVidia cards which use Conexant chips and runs equal with the Silicon Magic encoder chips making the Xabre a excellent choice for TV users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!