Having a look at the card for the first time you can see that it's clearly more different than the older GTX 295s we're use to seeing. You can mainly thank Galaxy for the decision to use the new single PCB design which now gives us the ability to have a fan smack bang in the middle of the card and cool both cores directly.
In the middle of the fan we have the Galaxy logo, while to the left of the cooler we have the model; in this case it's of course the GTX 295. The right side of the unit doesn't have much going on except for an extension of the pattern that is seen on the left side.
Having a look at the power connectors is where we can see a slight change. While we still see the same single 8-pin and 6-pin setup, both are now on the one side due to there now only being a single PCB.
When it comes to the SLI connector though nothing has changed, we've still only got the single connector that gives us the ability to run up to two of these cards at a single time, this in turn though does give four GPUs though, which is more than any TRI-SLI setup.
In the I/O department one of the first features we see missing is the HDMI port that was native on the older GTX 295 design. While a bit disappointing, it's not the end of the world as Galaxy has chosen to include a convertor in the package. And we still have the two Dual-Link DVI connectors present.
If moving to the single PCB design wasn't enough to excite you, we're sure what Galaxy has chosen to do with the clock speeds will. While the standard GeForce GTX 295 core comes in at 576MHz, Galaxy has chosen to ramp this way up to a much more impressive 650MHz. This has in turn bumped the shader clock from 1242MHz to 1401MHz.
If bumping the core wasn't enough for you either, Galaxy has also decided to increase the clocks on the two lots of 896MBs of GDDR3 memory, moving from the default 1998MHz DDR setup we can see that Galaxy have given us a nice bump to 2200MHz DDR. These increases should result in some nice performance gains!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- NZXT H500i Mid-TowerChassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access