ASRock's BIOS is very similar is design and layout to the ASUS BIOS setups. After seeing the main screen you are greeted with when first entering the BIOS, you may think you actually do have an ASUS board. This BIOS has been used for quite some time and is pretty easy to navigate around.
The bulk of the overclocking features are located under the OC Tweaker menu. It is here you can adjust the CPU FSB, memory ratios, HT Link dividers and widths, integrated AMD Northbridge clock ratios, voltages as well as the clocks for the IGP and the Sideport memory speed.
There are a few more features to tweak under the CPU Configuration and the Chipset Configuration menu however not alot compared to the OC Tweaker area.
Our overclocking adventures weren't as good as we hoped. Using our 965 based CPU we only managed to get 220 MHz FSB out of the board. It didn't matter if we lowered the CPU ratio or not, this board would not run past 220 MHz FSB.
You can see the validation here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Battlefield V pre-order sales 'weak', as ex-DICE boss leaves
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution