Inside The Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
I already got a somewhat clouded view of the interior through the window, but when I removed the door to get the plastic off the inside of the glass, I stepped back and actually said "wow" out loud. The chassis is even sexier on the inside! The monochromatic paint scheme is perfect, and allows the plastic shrouds and the wire management grommets to virtually disappear into the landscape. Three different cooling zones, one for the motherboard, one for the hot swappable HDD rack, and the third at the bottom for the PSU and extra couple of hard drives, should keep heat build up at bay.
No corner is left unpainted! From every angle there is a lot of that sexy black. Corsair even takes the extra step to make sure the fan wire is black to "hide" itself in the surroundings.
Taking a look inside the front half, you can see where Corsair ships all the hardware, secure strapped inside the 5.25" drive rack, which is tool-less I might add. Moving down, you run into the connection and the PCB for the hot swappable SATA setup. Yes, Corsair includes the necessary cables to make it all function properly.
Under the plastic "Corsair" marked cover is a 140mm fan to cool the drives. Just below, you can add another 120mm fan to cool the lower rack if needed. And to the far top left, you can see I have released the access panel that removes to allow easier installation of a back plate.
Spinning the Obsidian around, you can see there is plenty of room, to get everything you have to wire, hidden. With thirteen various holes that have grommets and two that aren't I don't see what you could install that couldn't benefit from the provided access to hide everything. Well done Corsair! Lastly, keeping with the all black look, all of the power and front I/O wiring is also in black sheathing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- ZOTAC's new MEK ULTRA gaming rigs pack GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam