The TPE-80WS is an extremely capable switch. There are advanced functions that you would not normally expect from a PoE switch. I found that it fit into my existing high-bandwidth network quite nicely. In fact, I allowed it to be the root bridge for the RSTP setup. The PoE support is outstanding and is very simple to use since it auto detects the power draw from any PoE device connected.
The WebSmart UI is also nicely laid out and provides configuration for all of the features in intuitive screens. TRENDnet also separated the status pages from the settings pages to allow for easy monitoring without the need to view the existing settings options.
Breaking out 802.3ad link aggregation from the standard trunking page is also a nice touch. Many devices might support trunking, but not the full 820.3ad protocol and vice versa. With the TPE-80WS you can enable the proper link aggregation support for each of your devices. This is something that not even the TEG-240WS can do as it only supports trunking. IGMP, Broadcast Storm and SNMP support round out this excellent product.
In all, as an IT Manager I would consider the TPE-80WS a bargain at $250.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex will kill RuneScape Classic servers on August 6th
- Blizzard talks Overwatch 2, original game is their focus now
- RAGE 2 isn't using in-house id Tech engine, Just Cause tech
- Detroit: Become Human weighs 42.5GB on the PS4
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: 4K 144Hz G-Sync goes on pre-order
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit