The TRENDnet TPE-80WS is a small switch, relatively speaking. The front looks a little chaotic, but once you become familiar with everything you can tell the status at a glance.
On the left side of the front face we find a single 9-pin Serial port for a terminal connection. This is really used very little with the WebSmart UI, but is handy if you are unable to access the UI. Next to this is a three-digit LED display; this display has multiple functions. In normal mode it shows the available power remaining on the switch. With no PoE devices attached it will read 120. In PoE Status mode it will show the status of a single port. You can move between ports with the small button labelled "Next Port".
Switching between modes is accomplished by a two position button just to the right of the display.
To the right of the mode button are a series of LEDs. These display link and PoE status at a glance. Between these and the RJ-45 ports is a small indented switch that allows for a default reset of the TPE-80WS.
On the right hand side of the face we find the eight ports available on the TPE-80WS. Each of these is PoE enabled and can support up to 15.4 Volts of PoE power to a single device. Each is also a full 10/100/1000MB Auto-MDX port.
The back is plain and boring. The only part that is of any interest to a normal user is the power outlet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- NASA would have landed on Mars if it wasn't for politics
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts