In a burnt-out department store in Tokyo in 1946, just after World War II, Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita running a company known at the time as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering) attempted to produce a simple electric rice cooker. It didn't work too well, but so began their desire to produce products for everyday life. In 1958 the company name was changed to Sony Corporation and since that time Sony has become one of the most recognized brand names in the history of the modern world.
Sony - derived from the Latin word sonus, which means sound, coupled with the English term 'sonny' referring to young boys of the 1950s - was chosen because it was simple, easy to read and could be pronounced in any language. The Sony Corporation now spans a range of industries including audio visual electronics, information technology, broadcast, telecommunications, entertainment, satellite broadcasting and even insurance and finance. Sony has long been at the forefront of monitor technology with their original Trinitron tube design starting out way back in 1973. More recently, the FD-Trinitron has been on the top of many a person's wish list for their PC. Today we take a look at Sony's flagship monitor, the 21" CPDG520 FD-Trinitron display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One