In a burnt-out department store in Tokyo in 1946, just after World War II, Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita running a company known at the time as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering) attempted to produce a simple electric rice cooker. It didn't work too well, but so began their desire to produce products for everyday life. In 1958 the company name was changed to Sony Corporation and since that time Sony has become one of the most recognized brand names in the history of the modern world.
Sony - derived from the Latin word sonus, which means sound, coupled with the English term 'sonny' referring to young boys of the 1950s - was chosen because it was simple, easy to read and could be pronounced in any language. The Sony Corporation now spans a range of industries including audio visual electronics, information technology, broadcast, telecommunications, entertainment, satellite broadcasting and even insurance and finance. Sony has long been at the forefront of monitor technology with their original Trinitron tube design starting out way back in 1973. More recently, the FD-Trinitron has been on the top of many a person's wish list for their PC. Today we take a look at Sony's flagship monitor, the 21" CPDG520 FD-Trinitron display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ