In a burnt-out department store in Tokyo in 1946, just after World War II, Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita running a company known at the time as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering) attempted to produce a simple electric rice cooker. It didn't work too well, but so began their desire to produce products for everyday life. In 1958 the company name was changed to Sony Corporation and since that time Sony has become one of the most recognized brand names in the history of the modern world.
Sony - derived from the Latin word sonus, which means sound, coupled with the English term 'sonny' referring to young boys of the 1950s - was chosen because it was simple, easy to read and could be pronounced in any language. The Sony Corporation now spans a range of industries including audio visual electronics, information technology, broadcast, telecommunications, entertainment, satellite broadcasting and even insurance and finance. Sony has long been at the forefront of monitor technology with their original Trinitron tube design starting out way back in 1973. More recently, the FD-Trinitron has been on the top of many a person's wish list for their PC. Today we take a look at Sony's flagship monitor, the 21" CPDG520 FD-Trinitron display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM