The Vuzix AV310 iWear comes in a decent looking box. I can say that my first thought on seeing it was that they'd gotten Zachary Quinto (who plays Sylar on Heroes) to model the glasses. But this quickly passed and I started looking at what the box was actually trying to tell me.
Looking at the box, it would appear to claim that the AV310 simulates the experience of viewing your video content on a 52-inch 16:9 monitor. That is quite a claim to be honest and one that I fully intended to verify.
Moving around to the back of the box, we find a decent amount of "hard sell" and actually useful information. There is also a nice image of the "loot" contained inside.
Upon opening the box, we find the Vuzix AV310 lying exposed right under the lid. Now, normally I would not cover the position of where the hardware is, but this seems a little dangerous to me. The card board of the box is not the most secure and I could see these being easily damaged in shipping. Vuzix should consider a more secure form of packaging.
Once we got over the shock of having the AV310s exposed to potential damage, we were pleasantly surprised with the amount of accessories that Vuzix has put in.
Besides the AV310 glasses there are two adapters, one for an iPod/iPhone and one for RCA input. This allows for a wide variety of input choices and the only one missing was for a standard PC, a VGA + 1/8-inch audio plug would have been nice.
Other items include one neck strap, one soft cloth bag, an instruction manual and an AA battery. There is also a note explaining that Vuzix is no longer providing an optional nose piece.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card