Accessories and Documentation
Mounting hardware shipped with the Megahalems is pretty beefy. There are the usual suspects as far as the LGA775 and Core i7 back plates, found on the far left and right respectively. In the middle are three lengths of aluminium. The two outer ones are to mount the motherboard to either back plate, while the centre one is the cross bar I referred to earlier that locks into the top of the base and mounts on top of the other two.
Aside from the mounting bits, these are included as well. There are the two wire fan clips at the back surrounding the syringe of included Prolimatech thermal compound. In the front, to either side are the four thumbscrews used to mount the bars to the back plates, effectively clamping them onto your motherboard. Next, four screws you see top the thumbscrews and secure the mounting hardware into position. Once that is done, use the spring loaded screws to mount the locking cross bar to the already mounted bits.
The included foldout pamphlet has an image of the cooler and all the included parts. Prolimatech also includes a parts checklist with a description of each piece of hardware.
The flip side of the instruction sheet shows a very basic step by step on how to apply the cooler. Don't worry, as there are much better instructions on Prolimatech's site if you get stuck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series