The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler
I didn't want to give too much away before this section of the review. The Megahalems uses a two part fin arrangement, which Prolimatech protects with extra foam in the middle. Make sure to remove this.
With the foam out of the way, you see the forty-five aluminum fins are in fact two separate sections. This way each set of six, nickel coated, copper heatpipes has their own separated array to cool with after they leave the base.
From here we can see the width of all six pipes as they leave the base. They continue to widen a bit until they reach the fins and are aligned straight and in line with each other to maximize the airflow. The fins edges are bent over on the ends to help add a bit of support to each other. They also keep what Prolimatech says is the best balance of flow versus noise.
Something I haven't seen with other "dual tower" coolers is the Megahalems two piece fin design. Each fin for each tower consists of two pieces fastened together and then pressed over the heatpipes. The pressed design on the fins is to aide with the transfer of heat and reminds me of the Transformers for some reason.
The top of the large, block style base has two round holes. These are to accept the mounting hardware. The cross bar I show in the hardware section locks into those holes to securely fasten the Megahalems in place.
The base is not exactly polished in its finish, or even level against a razor blade. Taking a quick look at Prolimatech's site, I soon found out why. The say they have specifically milled the base in this fashion as it is part of the overall designs efficiency. They do not recommend to lap this base, as it voids your warranty for one, but also lowers the efficiency of the Megahalems.
Since the Megahalems does not come with a fan, CrazyPC sent this gem to test this cooler with. This is the Scythe Kaze-Jyuni, a 110CFM fan. I'm pretty sure this should take the fan out of the equation in cooling the Megahalems!
I think the Kaze is a good choice, as it does a great job of covering the majority of the fin arrangement.
I wanted to give a completely assembled shot to show a couple of points. Prolimatech says from the bottom of the base to the first fin is 40mm; notice the fan hangs a bit lower when centered on the Megahalems, so keep that in mind for memory clearances. The second thing is, I forgot to mention in the previous profile image that the Megahalems is designed to accept two fans for a push/pull configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ