Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Working my way from the bottom up on the Megahalems CPU cooler, there is the base. This base appears to be made of aluminum with six 6mm Nickel coated heatpipes soldered inside it. That's right, I said six! The Prolimatech uses a milled base that leaves sort of an arched pattern in the base. Prolimatech has done this specifically and asserts that is all part of the design and planning of the whole package. The Nickel coated heatpipes then take the heat away from the base and deliver it to twin sets of forty five fin arrangements. Each side of the six pipes gets its own half of all that aluminum to more efficiently remove the heat. These fins are not only in two separated towers, each fin is also two pieces, assembled together, then pressed over the straightly aligned heatpipes, each fin having tabs on the edges to keep them spaced correctly to maximize the use of your fan of choice to cool this 790g tower.
A Scythe Kaze-Jyuni 120mm high speed fan is what we will be using for our testing. I mentioned that Prolimatech suggests 57 CFM; this Scythe will push up to 110 CFM when 12 volts are applied. This should do quite the job of keeping temps at bay, as its 4CFM shy of doubling the recommended flow of air. This Jyuni can run a maximum of 1900 RPM and Scythe says it will be 37dBA when it is at max. Not exactly a quiet fan, but with a case door in place, it's more like a hum.
Availability at this time is good at the e-tailers it can be located at, all of which appear to show stock. There are only about six shops I could find that actually do carry the Megahalems at this point. The Megahalems can be found at Crazypc.com for 59.99 U.S. Dollars plus shipping. And don't forget to add about another $10 for a quality fan like the Scythe I received with mine. Premium coolers do deserve to ask for premium pricing, so let's get to it and see if you should be selling off old hardware to get a Megahalems for your air cooling solution.
For those who run AMD and would like to have a go with the Megahalems, there is an accessory kit made with mounting hardware for AM2 and AM3. Other accessories include extra 25mm depth or 38mm depth fan clips. This allows almost any combination of fans and socket choice. Be aware that all afore mentioned "kits" are all sold separately, which increases the overall pricing for AMD users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit