VIA C3 Up Close and Personal
First off, we get a look at the entire CPU and the top readings. We see the name and speed of the CPU along with some unused resistor spots.
This shot shows us the underside of the VIA C3. We see the batch number, wafer number, stepping codes and the 1.35v CPU core voltage setting, making this CPU the lowest voltage CPU on the market.
The Test Platform board, MSI's MS-6368 PLE133T board
Now we get a look at the board and layout that VIA supplied for the reference testing. This board is manufactured by MSI and is a standard Micro ATX motherboard with 0/3/1/1 (AGP/PCI/Riser/ISA) Layout. One of the most interesting things concerning this board is the use of the ISA slot; indeed, supporting any legacy ISA devices.
Powered by the VIA Apollo PLE133T Northbridge and VT82C686B Southbridge, this board comes with integrated Trident 3D Blade Video onboard that uses system memory for video texture storage. This Shared Memory Architecture design has proven to be a huge letdown in the past. Using a board with external video or a better video core would help the VIA C3's changes, but we are left with what we are given. Using the 686B Southbridge you get ATA-100 IDE support and 4 USB ports, so there is no shortage here. Along with this you also get AC'97 audio; perfect for a PC on a budget.
The MSI sample board also comes with onboard LAN, another excellent for budget PC's. Not only can you have a normal modem, but you can hook this system up to a LAN or Broadband modem too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Take-Two will publish Obsidian's new Fallout creator-led RPG
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series