The ASRock X58 Extreme is a mixed bag to be sure. It is a decent board when it comes to normal usage. However, it has some issues with memory as well as some POST and boot issues that we were not able to resolve. Tri-SLI did not work and SLI was also a hit or miss item. Overclocking was pretty simple, but behind where it should be for a normal X58 based board.
For overall layout the X58 Extreme is done well with a few minor hits for cluttered design. Heat and power draw were average with the exception of the high delta change for power draw from idle to load.
Single GPU gaming was very good; there were no issues with sound, video or anything else. We did not test for dual GPU performance with the X58 due to the issues with POSTing and a few other boot problems.
Pricewise, the X58 Extreme from ASRock is about right with a price of around $170. Still, this is not an enthusiast board by any means; it can get you a semi-decent OC and game pretty well, but the problems we saw does not endear it to us. If you are looking for a low cost board to get you into the Core i7 playing field, you might consider the ASRock X58 Extreme. However, I would caution you to be prepared for some bumps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced