GELID Solution's GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
Putting a glob on my old E6400, the first thing I noticed was the thinner viscosity of the GC-Extreme versus the GC-2. No stiff peak of compound present on the top of this sample when I pulled the syringe away. Let's see how well it spreads.
Unlike the GC-2, the thinner GC-Extreme levels out really well, even with the tip of a finger. I actually spread around the compound that was used for the previous image. I was left with a bit of compound on my finger, as expected, but the GC-Extreme doesn't clump and stick to your finger like the GC-2. To me, that's a plus, as I don't always know where my spreader is when I'm in the middle of a CPU swap or maintenance of a graphics card.
Using the processor as it was in the previous image, I clamped it all into a motherboard to show how well or how poorly the compound covers and spreads. This is the result I got from the finger spread method. You can see it covers really well.
Placing a similar amount in the center of the IHS and strapping down the cooler yields this result. Not exactly what I would call good coverage at all, on either the heatpipes or the IHS.
This is the result from the five dot method, as I used with the GC-2. This time the coverage isn't even as good as the results I got with the GC-2. I highly suggest the GC-Extreme be spread in a thin even layer for best results, and so does GELID. Why else would they send the spreader?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM