GELID Solution's GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
Putting a glob on my old E6400, the first thing I noticed was the thinner viscosity of the GC-Extreme versus the GC-2. No stiff peak of compound present on the top of this sample when I pulled the syringe away. Let's see how well it spreads.
Unlike the GC-2, the thinner GC-Extreme levels out really well, even with the tip of a finger. I actually spread around the compound that was used for the previous image. I was left with a bit of compound on my finger, as expected, but the GC-Extreme doesn't clump and stick to your finger like the GC-2. To me, that's a plus, as I don't always know where my spreader is when I'm in the middle of a CPU swap or maintenance of a graphics card.
Using the processor as it was in the previous image, I clamped it all into a motherboard to show how well or how poorly the compound covers and spreads. This is the result I got from the finger spread method. You can see it covers really well.
Placing a similar amount in the center of the IHS and strapping down the cooler yields this result. Not exactly what I would call good coverage at all, on either the heatpipes or the IHS.
This is the result from the five dot method, as I used with the GC-2. This time the coverage isn't even as good as the results I got with the GC-2. I highly suggest the GC-Extreme be spread in a thin even layer for best results, and so does GELID. Why else would they send the spreader?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit