After all the testing is done and my time with the Acer Aspire One D250 is over, I can sum up my thoughts about the machine in one word - meh! - There is nothing in particular that is wrong with the D250. It works well and offers everything that you would want in a netbook. After putting my sweaty mitts on a plethora of notebooks and netbooks over the last few weeks, I simply want more.
A user looking to buy their first netbook will like the D250. One big plus for the machine is you can walk into many Walmart stores, pick the thing up and take it home. I honestly think the fantastic retail availability for this thing is the reason the Aspire One line is tops in the netbook market.
As I said, there is nothing wrong with the D250. The rig has a nice keyboard, a nice screen and nice performance. The problem for me is that the D250 does nothing to set itself apart from the pack other than perhaps having a nicer box. If you already have a netbook and are wanting to upgrade to something nicer, unless yours really sucks, the D250 is probably more of the same. If you don't own a netbook and want one, the D250 is in all honesty a great option, as are many of the other netbooks on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series