The above image was taken in less than ideal settings and should not be used to judge video quality. This is a picture taken from a low quality video downloaded off of the internet. The video appeared on my TV the same way as it would on my PC monitor. Higher resolution movies appeared much cleaner but given the fact that we are taking a picture of a TV you will just have to take my word for it. The system is able to display video all the way up to 1080P and the quality of the image depends greatly on the media it is playing. At the highest resolution and best highest quality content the system is able to display an image rival to the Playstation 3.
The above image was taken while the system was rotating through a picture folder. The image was very crisp and clear.
I don't consider myself to be a pure audiophile these days but I do like to hear my music the way I want to hear it. Given my age and reckless regard for the bad thing that happen to you while standing in front of huge speakers at concerts, some frequencies are simply not audible to me anymore. With that said the Network Media Player produces above average sound that is at least DVD quality but not like what you hear from a Super Audio CD or DVD Audio disk.
I played a Stone Temple Pilots CD, Lossless CD Rip and DVD Audio of the same album and was able to tell the difference between the DVD Audio disk coming from a Pioneer Elite player and the Network Media Player.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The RaidSonic Icy Box IC-MP309HW-B Media Player]
- Page 5 [Test System]
- Page 6 [Setup]
- Page 7 [Menu System]
- Page 8 [Local Content]
- Page 9 [Audio and Video Quality]
- Page 10 [NAS Performance and Remote]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct