The RaidSonic Icy Box IC-MP309HW-B Media Player
Here we see the front of the unit. On the left side there are two USB 2.0 ports and on the right side is the IR sensor as well as the status LEDs that show the power and HDD activity.
Both sides of the Network Media Player look the same and have two screws on each side. You remove these screws to remove the top cover to access the HDD installation bay.
The back of the unit is where all of the action is. The layout was thought out very well with the power connector kept as far away from the analog connectors as possible. Most users will only need an HDMI port to send audio and video to other components but the many older technologies are also supported. If you look on the right hand side there is a fan on this system that will aid in keeping your hard drive cool. This fan was very quiet and not audible at more than two feet away.
The top of the box has a logo but other than that is plain just how we like it. You can tell in the pictures that it does show finger prints but after you have everything setup you can wipe the case down and never need to touch it again.
The bottom of the case has four rubber feet that will dampen any vibration from your hard drive.
Moving to the inside you can see that the system uses a SATA HDD. The SATA signal is converted to an ATA ribbon cable. At first I thought there may be an issue with my hard drive being set for native SATA commands but this was not the case and my Seagate 7200.11 HDD worked perfectly in the Network Media Player.
Shown here is the accessories package.
The entire manual collection and software disk are shown here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The RaidSonic Icy Box IC-MP309HW-B Media Player]
- Page 5 [Test System]
- Page 6 [Setup]
- Page 7 [Menu System]
- Page 8 [Local Content]
- Page 9 [Audio and Video Quality]
- Page 10 [NAS Performance and Remote]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic to revive old-school Nickelodeon games
- WhatsApp co-founder tells the world to delete Facebook
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit