The FORT 120 from Rosewill is a solid feeling cooler once you get it in your hand. There is very little flex in the fins and this cooler should stand up to the abuses some of us tend to put cooler through. The fan is also solidly held onto the cooler with the simple wire clips. There was no discernable rattle or any vibration at all between the fan and the fins. This and taking into account the ease of the multiple mounting hardware kits, the FORT 120 seems like it should have been a better competitor.
I can't really find any faults with the cooler design. It's solid, mounts well and very secure, even with the AMD latches. The fan is tolerable and the cooler has a nice overall look. All this and a ton of surface area cooled with 99CFM, I would have expected a bit better from this Rosewill sample to be honest, as far as the temperatures are concerned anyway.
Don't get me wrong, the FORT 120 from Rosewill will keep up with most coolers on the list, but I have to take everything into account when rating and evaluating these coolers. With a 49.99 U.S. Dollar asking price at Newegg, Rosewill is sort of pricing themselves out of the buyer's dollar and I feel most buyers will tend to go for the lower priced and better performing coolers we have tested up to this point. I can't blame you; as a consumer I would opt for the best bang for the buck cooler and I just don't think this is it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Rosewill FORT 120 / RCX-SHDT120X1 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit