Now we start on the board itself. With reference to the small box, we were right on the form factor. Unless the box is like a TARDIS there are no surprises on the board size.
GIGABYTE uses its familiar blue PCB. The layout is extremely clean, even for a Micro ATX board. The 24-pin power connector, FDD and IDE connector are all located behind the four DDR2 memory slots. That's right; this board makes use of DDR2. The 4/8 pin power connector is located at the top left, behind the USB/PS/2 combo port.
The board's power regulation system is a 5 phase voltage system for the CPU using all solid state components. There are no heatsinks or heatpipes to cool the Mosfets, however, the 785G Northbridge and SB750 are both passively cooled.
The new AMD 785G chipset boasts the same features as the 790GX with one major upgrade; that's a new IGP capable of DX10.1 graphics. Included from the 790GX brother is support for Sideband memory which puts a 512MB DDR3 memory chip clocked at 400MHz on the board as cache memory for the IGP. However, you can also use system memory for extra capacity, though it is slower to access.
On the right hand edge of the board GIGABYTE places five of the six SATA ports. The sixth SATA port is routed to the rear I/O panel for convenient eSATA port use.
Moving to the rear I/O, we get to see what GIGABYTE has in store for this board. In all, a very good setup. There are a total of three video output slots; a CRT D-SUB, DVI-I and HDMI outputs. Digital audio is handled through a Toslink S/PDIF port and a single eSATA port is included for high speed mass storage connections.
Lastly on the board front we have the expansion slots. There is a single PCIe x16 slot for a discrete GPU if you don't want to use the onboard graphics. Or if you want to combine a discrete ATI graphics card with the onboard graphics to help bolster performance, you can also do this. A single PCIe x1 slot and two PCI legacy slots make up the rest of the expansion possibilities of this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam